Modern cities need good urban planning for their growth. We will first visit the Nagoya Urban Institute to learn about the city’s urban planning for (1) the postwar reconstruction since 1945 and (2) townscape designing of Arimatsu town. Two experts will give talks on these topics. Then, we will visit Arimatsu town to see how the community makes efforts to keep its townscape. This is a one-day bus tour. Nagoya Urban Institute will provide expert explanation about Nagoya’s urban planning.
We will provide a simple lunch (lunch box and beverages). Given the food-poisoning season, please do not plan to take the lunch home. If you have dietary restrictions, please bring lunch.
Date & Time: June 8 (Thursday), 2023. 9:30 a.m. ~ 4:30 p.m.
We will accept 20 participants.
Mr. MIWA, Takuya (Head of the Planing Section, Nagoya Urban Institute)
Mr. YOKOYAMA, Tatsuo (President, Chubu-Chiiki Seibi, Inc.)
Destination: Nagoya Urban Institute Kanayama, Naka-ku, & Arimatsu town, Midori-ku, Nagoya
Meeting place & Time: Parking lot area of Toyoda Auditorium, Nagoya University at 9:15 a.m. The bus leaves the campus at 9:30 a.m. sharp.
- Participation is free. We accept the application on first-come, first-served basis.
- Nagoya RyuNet covers the event insurance premium. If you cannot attend the event, please kindly notify us by sending the email message to email@example.com.
- This event will take place even in light rain. If we cancel the event due to heavy rain, we will notify you via our web(news) and email by 8:00 a.m. on the day of the event.
- Please bring the mask on the event day. If you do not feel good, please do not attend the event. Notify your absence by calling the phone number in our letter of confirmation.
- This event accepts only graduate students and adults (no children).
If you want to participate in this event, please fill out the application form below.
If you have not done the user registration, please register from here.